Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Don't X out my Christmas



The one thing that gets me are the people that say x-mas.

Do I X the Hanu in Hanukkah or the Kwan in Kwanzaa? Don't X out the christ in my Christmas.

Christmas is THE NAME of the holiday. Oh, are we afraid of those poor people who don't believe in Christ?

WELL THE HOLIDAY ISN'T FOR THEM!

If you're not Jewish, Hanukkah is not your holiday. Should we change the name of that too then?

I mean let's get some common sense. If you are an athiest you aren't going to celebrate any holiday since most holidays around this time of year are religious based. so why the hell should we care about catering to them? it's not for them!

want respect for your religious holiday?

Stop Xing out the Christ in Christmas out of respect for mine.




1 comment:

Carolyn said...

So pleased to see you address this! This drives my husband nuts! My Lutheran High School teacher told us if we are so lazy that we HAVE to write Xmas, to put a "P" over the X, so that it is the symbol for Christ! In that case you may as well just write out the whole thing!
Thanks!