Sunday, October 19, 2008

My mom was at church today....



Speaking of breaking a commandment... I missed church today... however, one of my dogs has explosive diarrhea from a change in diet and I really couldn't leave her home alone. But anyhoo. I missed a good mass today.

My mom said there was a visiting priest, who, during his homily, came out and said (without naming names) a true christian MUST vote for the candidate who values life and holds all life, born or unborn, as precious in God's eyes. To vote for anyone who supports infanticide and abortion, is committing a serious sin on their soul for selfish purposes. No promises of easier taxes or all the money in the world should be more important than the respect of life, from conception on. To go against that law of Christ, is to not truly be Catholic.

He was met by overwhelming cheers and a standing Ovation. Something I can't remember ever happening at my church before in all the time I've been attending (From baptism till now.)




No comments: