Thursday, October 16, 2008

Obama says "Joe the plumber" is a nobody.



ok, maybe not in those exact words, but this is what he said...

"A Plumber... is the guy he's fighting for" (John McCain) as if a plumber is not a person whose rights are worth fighting for.

"How many plumbers you know are making a quarter of a million dollar a year?"

For those who don't know... Joe the Plumber basically asked Obama if he's going to raise his taxes as a potential private business owner of a plumbing business that would make $275,000 a year.

Obama basically said yes... With his plan... it will be the responsibility of hard working business owners to support other not as hard working business owners.

Seriously. Obama calls it "spreading the wealth."

I'm sorry, but if I owned a small business and I worked my ass off to make $250,000+ a year, I don't want to be taxed more to help a competing business. Let them work as hard as I did to succeed. If they don't, why should that be my problem? I wouldn't expect to ride on the coat tails of some other business who worked to get where they are, just as I don't want someone to benefit from my hard work without putting the equal amount of hard work in on their own to make their own success.

Basically... Obama wants everyone to succeed, off the hard work of those who worked their asses off to get their on their own.






No comments: