Sunday, September 7, 2008

But But But, McCain leads missed votes...



I recently got another email from an angry liberal who read my blog. This is what it said.


I can't believe you can talk about Obama's voting record and how he missed over 150 votes when your man McCain leads in the most missed votes in the 110th congressional period. Obama has about 41% missed votes, while McCain had a staggering 60% missed votes. So how can you criticize Obama????? Biased perhaps? Not giving the whole picture are you?

*Sigh*


You want the whole picture?


fine. But just remember you asked for it.


First off, You need to read my blogs clearer before attacking me for my statements.

I never said he missed 150 votes. I said he voted "Present" for over 150 votes, meaning "I am here, but I have no opinion." That is an entirely different issue from missed votes. A vote that is missed is because they are not there to vote. On important issues, Obama was there, but chose to not pick a side.

Secondly, while I am disappointed in McCain's current status when it comes to missing votes... let's remember Obama is still in 3rd place over all for votes missed, second between McCain, Clinton, and himself, which is just too high.


I know, I know. Not the whole picture.


Ok. Let me give you the whole picture.






Look at the section that is titled "complete Career"

Obama's complete career is being tracked since 2005. McCain's since 1987.

Obama missed 7% MORE in 3 YEARS than McCain in 21 years.

How do you miss more in 3 years than someone misses in 21 years if you are trying to make a political career for yourself?

While I do criticize McCain's inactivity in key issue votes for this year... I think the fact that Obama has missed more in 3 years than McCain and Clinton in their entire time in office, speaks for itself on this issue.

How is THAT for the whole picture?


No comments: