Saturday, September 27, 2008

From Israel



this was posted on another blog by username: donsaliman.

-----------------------------------------------------

This is a little long but please bear with me

First of all,I have some friends that like myself are former Americans that have became Israelis.

All Of us have dual citizenship's,I keep mine so I will not have problems of getting a visa to visit family and friends in America.

I made my move in 1970 and have never voted in the American elections,for since I do not make my home in America,I don't feel I should have a say in what happens in America,what I mean is voting rights.

That ended in 2004,for I thought Kerry was not only a danger to America but to my adopted country, Israel.

This election in 2008,I have voted again (Absentee ballot) for I think, Obama is more of a danger then Kerry ever was.

I do not talk politics with some members of my family,for I love them even though they have this Bush,Palin,McCain etc syndrome.

I am taken aback by the hate they show.

On Sept 10, 2001 I was a die heart Democrat,on Sept 11,2001 I was neither Democrat or Republican, I was neither an American or Israeli citizen,I was a very concerned and frighten human.

In 2004 election,I was not a die heart democrat but for the first time in my live,I voted for someone on the Republican party and since then,I guess I am a Republican, the Democratic party scares me to no end.

What is interesting is that Americans who have made Israel their home,for over a long time,were like me a Democratic and now a bif majority feel the same way I do,not all but a lot.

In talkbacks on the Internet,most of the comments are for McCain and Palin and when someone rights something against McCain and Palin,many of the comments knock the author and support McCain and Palin.

A few examples: (read the article for sure, but if you do not have the time,then read the comment)

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid...icle%2FShowFull

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid...icle%2FShowFull

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid...icle%2FShowFull

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3602766,00.html


There was a poll on some Israeli internet site but could not find it,but McCain was favorite by over 65% over Obama

Some other polls

A few internet polls on the Jerusalem Post internet site:
Israel's best ever friend in the White House:
1 Bill Clinton 11%
2 George W. Bush 37%
3 Harry Truman 17%
4 Ronald Reagan 21%
5 Richard Nixon 7%
6 Lyndon Johnson 2%
7 Other 4%
TOTAL VOTES: 2954

Is Obama bad for Israel?
1 Yes 77%
2 No 23%
TOTAL VOTES: 986

Decision to name Sarah Palin as VP pick:
1 Brilliant 73%
2 Terrible 27%
TOTAL VOTES: 849

I think you get my point and like I always end my letters

Keep the faith But I still fear an Obama win




No comments: