Saturday, September 6, 2008

McCain is Old. Ok we get it.



Everyone is commenting on McCain's age of 72, and how he is too old to take charge. They are all doing the "what if" thing acting as if he is too old to survive 4 years in office.

Lets put this in perspective people.

McCain's mother is still alive, healthy and not looking even close to her 96 years of age.

I have a great aunt who is also 96, and is still going strong.

Almost all of my great aunts and uncles on both my parent's sides have lived to be in their 90's. My grandmother was the youngest when she died at 84 years old.

McCain will be younger than my grandmother should he serve 8 years as president.

One Great Aunt lived to be 97 years old.

She had cancer
She had a bad heart

She fell and broke her knee and they said they could not operate because her survival likelyhood would be less than 10%, her heart would not take the anasthetic.

She was 93 at the time, and in so much pain she chose surgery.

Like I said... she lived to be 97. She may have made 100 if the loss of my grandmother who she helped raise, hadn't taken a toll on her.

On the same note...

I had an uncle who died in a car accident at 49, and another uncle who died of complications to prostate cancer at 45.

Age is not a determining factor of Longevity.

At 72, McCain has a lot of fight left in him.

Next issue please.


No comments: