Sunday, September 7, 2008

To be fair... I do not "Hate" Obama.



I just received this email.

"Why do you hate Obama SO MUCH? What has he ever done to you!? I mean, give him a break already! Why are republicans such hateful people??!?!?!"

I guess I should address this since this isn't the first email of this type I've gotten.

first off... I do not HATE Obama. I never even said I Hated him. I do not really hate anyone personally, because that is not in my nature, despite what I may say in the heat of an argument. I am sure Obama is a good man, loving father and husband.

What I dislike is Obama's politics. I do not believe in his politics... for example: Abortion. I'm pro-life myself... but if a woman chooses to kill a baby (for any reason outside of a medical emergency), that's her soul and it is something she'll have to live with forever. As long as I've said my peace against abortion, my conscience is clear. They can do as they will.

However, Obama use to be a firm supporter of a woman's right to Partial birth abortion. (As the election draws near... he seems to have gotten softer on the issue, now saying that he "believes the state can properly restrict late term abortion, though there should be a provision to protect the health of the mother.)

I am firmly against late-term abortion for any reason outside of a medical situation where the mother, child, or both will die if they continue with the pregnancy. However, statistics show most abortions, including late-term abortions, were and are used as a form of birth control, and really late change of heart where a woman decides almost near the end of her pregnancy that she can't have the baby and doesn't want to give it up for adoption. You can see another video of a late-term abortion example here.

former Surgeon General C. Everett Koop and other eminent medical authorities told Congress: "Partial-birth abortion is never medically necessary to protect the mother's health or her future fertility. On the contrary, this procedure can pose a significant threat to both." Also, Jay Sekulow of the Center for Law and Justice said the "so-called health exception" is a false argument aimed at undermining a "law designed to end (a) horrific procedure."

that is just how I feel on the subject, like my point of view or not, and I choose to stick with a candidate who is pro-life. Win or lose, again, my conscience is clear because I voted for what I believed in my heart, just as I'm sure pro-choice activists will. Pro-life is my CHOICE, so hopefully people will respect that, even if they don't agree with it. After all if you're pro-CHOICE you should at least repsect someone's right to CHOOSE to be pro-life. lol.

My other issues with Obama, I do not like his energy policies because they make no sense... pump up your tires and get regular tune ups and you'll cancel our need for off shore drilling? I also have issues with his inexperience, his lack of executive experience, his 7% lead in total career "missed votes" over McCain, (worsened by having a 7% lead in a period of 3 years which beats out all the missed votes McCain had in 21 years.)

And I am not happy with his use of voting "Present" instead of answering a yes or no question as if to say "I'm here, but I choose to not take a side".

I have not seen any legislative accomplishments or really anything that tells me Obama is a leader who is not afraid to take a stand, because he never really has.

I don't like how his supporters seem to be very hateful people like white hating Wright, Jew hating Ferrahkan and US hating Ayers.

So that is why I started this blog. To bring to attention facts that the left wing biased media gloss over as they drool over a candidate who has really done nothing to deserve the praise other than being "the first serious black presidental candidate in history."

As for personally, I have nothing against him as a human being, I do NOT hate him... even if it may seem like I do when I get into a heated discussion about his policies and politics. I do not begrudge him his historical moment being the first serious black presidential candidate, even though I think it is silly most people want to vote for him simply BECAUSE of that,

and I do not wish him anything but the best for himself and his family.

that being said... Again, it is his politics I do not agree with, and since being president is a political office, and he hasn't proven to me he is deserving of that office...

I continue my campaign for a McCain / Palin 2008

I hope that clears my feelings on this situation up. In all seriousness, all my best to Obama and his family, but it's still McCain / Palin for me.



No comments: